The non-occupational traveller’s, luggage, travel liability and legal expenses travel insurance and the non-occupational accident insurance

The Finnish Union of University Professors has insured its members with the insurance company Turva. The insurance package includes the non-occupational traveller’s, luggage, travel liability, and legal expenses travel insurance without maximum age limit. In these insurance policies, the accompanying spouse who lives in the same household as the member and the accompanying children and grandchildren under the age of 20 are also insured.

In addition, members are insured by the non-occupational accident insurance until the end of the insurance period, during which the insured turns 80.

What to do if you fall ill or are injured while travelling abroad

  • If you fall ill or get into an accident during a trip abroad, call the SOS emergency service number, tel. +358 (0)10 195 111. The emergency service will help you (in English) around the clock and on every day of the year.
  • If you paid for the treatment yourself, contact Turva to apply for compensation.
  • SOS emergency service is only available when travelling abroad. When traveling in Finland, you can file a claim directly with Turva.

Find out about member insurance and customised benefits at:

The insurance policies for the members of the Finnish Union of University Professors have been transferred to the insurance company Turva as of January 1, 2024. If you have an accident or any other damage after January 1, 2024, or need assistance with the insurance policies, please contact Turva. Claims for damages that occurred in 2023 will be handled with Fennia.